Apr 14, 2014

Painterly Mobile Art Monday No. 27

paint-er-ly 
adjective

of or appropriate to a painter; artistic

As I was putting together this showcase, I noticed a curiosity - nearly all of the images I selected this week have a very obvious circle in them (and some not quite so obvious) - I wonder what a psychologist would say about that? I am fascinated that almost all are tied together by this common thread.

If you like to edit images taken with a mobile device in a painterly way, join our Painterly Mobile Art Flickr Group - you might be featured in the next showcase!

Carnival of Basel © Vanessa Vox
Carnival of Basel © Vanessa Vox



Rose © Linda Levy
Rose © Linda Levy

Moonlight © Jerzy Jachym
Moonlight © Jerzy Jachym

Foggy Day © Francisco Villarreal
Foggy Day © Francisco Villarreal

~Transmission~ © Mimi Svanberg
~Transmission~ © Mimi Svanberg

Not Quite Ready © Kirbiee
Not Quite Ready © Kirbiee

Whirpool planet rowing © Leon
Whirpool planet rowing © Leon

Constant Motion © Brent Mosley

Daisy © Michael Trombley
Daisy © Michael Trombley

April Fool © Andrea Koerner
April Fool © Andrea Koerner

Waiting #15 © Mike Bowers
Waiting #15 © Mike Bowers 
Suddenly Awake © Kristen Radden
Suddenly Awake © Kristen Radden 
Woman in Red © Andrea Bigiarini
Woman in Red © Andrea Bigiarini 

© Robin Robertis
© Robin Robertis

© Mariko Klug
© Mariko Klug

The Sophisticate © Geri Centonze

Tuesday's Still Life © Brett Chenoweth
Tuesday's Still Life © Brett Chenoweth

遠浅 Shallow Beach © jun yamaguchi

Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man © Roger Guetta

Flower box Ormond Beach © Jack Webb
Flower box Ormond Beach © Jack Webb

South Seas © Stefanie Le Pape
South Seas © Stefanie Le Pape

you wrapped your arms around my soul © lila_lile
you wrapped your arms around my soul © lila_lile

She's Like a Wind © Patty Larson
She's Like a Wind © Patty Larson

Anemone © Kristin Moeller
Anemone © Kristin Moeller

Speed 2 © Liz Traynor
Speed 2 © Liz Traynor

© Erika Brothers
© Erika Brothers

I will wrap my arms around you © phot0bug
I will wrap my arms around you © phot0bug 

Look at me © Davide Capponi
Look at me © Davide Capponi

Prickly © Mariette Schrijver
Prickly © Mariette Schrijver


Add to Flipboard Magazine.

16 comments:

  1. Fantastic selections. As for the circles I am sure there is some psychological explanation for this. I found this article interesting http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/do-our-brains-find-certain-shapes-more-attractive-than-others-180947692/?no-ist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating article I guess there really was something going on in my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Geri! Beautiful to discover my "Carnival of Basel" in this fascinating pic serie. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely loved it!!! Thanks so much for always contributing your work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out the article that Brent sent me (see below). It says we are drawn to circular and curves lines =) But like you said, we may also be more comfortable grouping things together that are similar. I do tend to like to organize things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the article link Geri & Brent. As it happens I'm looking at related topics, because of, for example, teaching geometry to blind learners.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices Geri, and honored to be part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fascinating article. It must be a challenge teaching geometry to the blind

    ReplyDelete
  9. very fascinating Geri, how you've brought the images and thoughts into this dialogue. thanks so much to everyone. I feel very grateful and proud to be a part of this round, which gives so much energy and courage for new pictures. everything is a huge coincidence because I live in basel and love to play the drum.
    the rhythm of good vibes a constant motion what I`m looking for, every moment, look at me I`m prickly there and my soul is waiting for a blue anemone and please wrap your two arms around the beautiful women in red and her sophisticate. every day I want to get a white rose out of the flower box painted of a young artist, so every foggy day is like a small wonder. I want to dance to the rhythm of the moonlight, even if I`m not ready for the transmission, rushes the speed of time with carefully suddenly to awake and spread love and pictures, and the inspiration is in harmony with the wind and my thoughts are rowing over the planet to the south seas. rhythm of good vibes, rhythm of being together... simply a dream in april

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful words Liliana! You are not only an artist, but a poet as well. I so appreciate you contributing your positive energy and love to our group! I know there will be many more showcases with your work =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh she deserves it! Lilliane is so great and kind and a great artist. It is in her blood! I try to encourage her to share, because people should see her art! Kisses Bonny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The reply to Geri was meant for you too sweet Lilly! See below!

    ReplyDelete
  13. always thank you dear friend... your work brings me a lot of courage and ideas, how I said several times..love to you L

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG my sincere apologies Geri - didnt see you had featured my Rose - I'm honored! My excuse is I was enroute to NY on 14 April and obviously missed it. Thank you so much xx Linda

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.