Aug 12, 2012

Anatomy of an Abstract

This week I plan to take some time to discover the capabilities of the apps I already have downloaded.  One that I almost overlooked was XnView Photo FX.

Here’s what I started with…

IMG_1529 

After some manipulation with Painteresque, increasing the saturation and sharpening, I ended up with this…

00065

I like the above as a stand alone piece, but I wanted to see what else I could do with it.  Next, I manipulated the image with the Ripple HD app.  This isn’t the exact version that I used, but unfortunately I deleted it – it’s close enough for you to get the idea.

ripplehd

The next step to see what XnView Photo FX could do.  Using the Symmetry Effect, I ended up with this!

00055 (4)

There is also a kaleidoscope setting in this app, so the possibilities are only limited by your imagination!

Happy Snapping!

8 comments:

  1. these edits are beautiful! the last one reminds me of a psychedelic sixties album cover...it would look great hanging on a wall : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have found your niche. This is cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. The symetry thing is cool but kind of creepy. Looks like a giant frog with a headress to me. The painterly effects are quite nice though....xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I absolutely love the symmetric, abstract results. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I read this in the wee hours of the morning and forget to leave a note saying this is one totally cool application....and I love the photo you used it with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I read this in the wee hours of the morning and forget to leave a note saying this is one totally cool application....and I love the photo you used it with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative editing, Geri. The last one does look like looking through a kaleidoscope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Geri, thanks for stopping by! Wow you are really creative with the special effects. I love what you have done. Thanks for opening my eyes to the amazing possibilities!!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.