Jul 31, 2012

My iPhoneographic Journey Begins

Just what I need...another blog!  iART CHRONiCLES features photos of my world as seen through my iPhone.  With the innovative, creative apps on the market today (and many FREE ones too!), iPhoneography has become an art form of its own and my new addiction!

My inspiration is Karen L. Messick.  I have viewed other powerful iPhone images, but Karen's work captured me because of its painterly look and the way she combines various applications to get unique results.

Dark blog backgrounds aren't normally my first choice, but they do compliment the photographs well which is another reason I'm giving this work a place of its own.  Here are a few of my first attempts.

iphoneography grungy garden gate latch

iphoneography grungy rose

iphoneography bristles enhanced

bench shadows iphoneography

iphoneography Painteresque app


6 comments:

  1. cool pics. I don't have an iphone but I'ma always impress by what could be done.

    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These images are spectacular, Geri! You might just convince me to move into the geeky i-zone yet! Of course I'm going to follow - hope you have a "follow by email" link up here. I haven't looked yet :o) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Geri. It's a different world looking thru the iPhone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art is amazing!! I too, am addicted to my iPad apps. I would love to start playing with these apps and try some of your techniques. Thank you for posting the "recipes" with your art, it will help me feel a little braver! Would you be willing to post a list of apps for a beginner? I wrote a long list of apps you mention from this and your other site, but it's bit overwhelming for a newbie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kasia - thank you so much! I'm just starting out myself, but I will make a list of my favorite apps that I use all the time in my next post.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.