• New painting styles, color palettes, and canvases
• Swipe to adjust painting detail and color
• Optimized for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
• iOS 8 and 64-bit support
• Ship and share previously saved paintings
• Ship framed prints and posters
• Details and price breakdowns for shipped products
• Manual exposure and camera improvements
• Visual quality improvements
• New adjustments
• Crop your paintings
• Undo, redo, and reset
• Landscape support on iPad
• Move and scale your signature
• Bug fixes and other improvements
To create a painterly image load your image and select a brushstroke style found by tapping the paintbrush icon. Slide your finger from left to right across your device's screen to adjust the color or detail of the style. Next on to the color style (indicated by the painter's palette). Tapping the easel icon will bring up a selection of canvas styles. The slider icon reveals editing tools to adjust Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Density, Vibrance, Exposure, Shadows, Highlights, Temperature, Thickness (of the Brushstroke) and Sharpness. Tap the "a" icon on the far right to add your signature to the piece. Brushstroke even connects you with direct access for ordering prints of your artwork directly from the app.
There are so many unique styles to choose from with this new release and the addition of the ability to make adjustments within a style increases the possible combinations. If you check out my app recipes on Instagram, you'll find that I use Brushstroke a lot on my painterly edits. Think outside the box and combine your images rendered with Brushstroke with the results from other apps for a really original creation!
Here are two quick pieces I created using only Brushstroke's latest version.
|St. Louis in the Fall|
Leave a comment below to be eligible for the drawing for a FREE copy of Brushstroke. TEN lucky winners will be selected by random draw on Saturday, November 1 at 9:00 a.m. PDT.